Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bloemhof


Left early this morning, I like riding most near the beginning of sunrise when all is calm and serene, it is a good time to gather ones thoughts and make melody in ones heart by singing and praising the Lord.

Today’s riding was good initially but then I was on tar again and you all know how I feel about that! A lot of water still around and puddles everywhere; the Vaal River is in flood and flowing at a rapid rate but it didn’t seem to keep the fishermen away from the water’s edge.

I lost my other mirror, so both have now broken off. Hope, my KTM is quite a phenomenal bike, although I have had trouble along the way, to be fair all the difficulty has come from items fitted to make it road worthy. The side stand, sensor, my mirrors and I lost a petrol cap which was also an extra fitted after delivery.

I am in Bloemhof for the night at the Why-Not Lodge. I tried to book into the Caravan Park which is situated alongside the Vaal River, but they have been flooded out and they tell me it is the second time within twelve months. I am paying a little more than normal but I can settle in and watch the rest of the cricket, not that it is very exciting. Kimberly was a little disappointing, a bit too big for me.

I may well be home by tomorrow, and it will be good to test drive my new bed.

The landscape in the Eastern Cape is quite breath-taking as the views in the Northern Cape are a little flatter, well at least on my route anyway!

I can sense that I have been riding and my body feels well, I like it! Lord willing, in time to come I must do a lot more riding.

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments:

Post a Comment