Monday, January 3, 2011

Leaving Plettenburg Bay.


All my friends are back home and it is now time for me to start making preparations to restart my touring escapade, I have overstayed my welcome in Plettenburg Bay and I am beginning to lose focus as one is caught up will holiday fever. My route still needs some deliberation, but it will be in a northerly direction, heading home.

I need to be back in Johannesburg no later than the 11th of January as my HIV medication will soon be depleted.

I must say that I was very fortunate to get the accommodation I got which an old friend managed to source, it only cost me R150.00 a day in peak session, hence the reason for me settling in for so long. But enough is enough; I can now either head up towards the Northern Cape or through the Transkei. We have had a lot of rain so I suppose Baviaans Pass will still not be a good option, maybe I will have a chance to do that in the near future. Maybe I should venture into the Oudtshoorn Mountains and re-examine the mountains I walked on foot while enduring Vasbyt as part of my training on an Officer’s Course during my national service with Oudtshoorn Infantry School way back in 1985.

That will be the route then, firstly over a steep twisty pass toward Uniondale and then on to Oudtshoorn. I am told that the pass is a dirt road which is narrow and steep but an enjoyable ride. The wind has picked up again, I hope it will not be as it was when I was last on the bike, windy and very hard riding, and I suppose time will tell!

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments:

Post a Comment