Thursday, December 16, 2010

Another Re-think!


I left at about 6am this morning and the weather looked good. I was a little dubious with the hope of riding through Baviaans after seeing clips of the news last night, and soon into my ride I realized that was not going to be possible as mist and rain once again accompanied me. When I got to the Patensie turn off it was clear and a no brainer that to try that pass alone with all the rain we have had and without a spare tube would be unwise, and time for bad choices must become less and less as we age and as we make wisdom our sister and we hold her hand. You may be thinking a spare tube what has that got to do with anything,

I am told that if you get a river that cannot be crossed all you need to do is pump up your spare tube and float the bike across the river. Travelling alone is peaceful in itself but has a down side and that is if I get “stuck” I will be living proof for the existence of that word, with possibly no one around and no one to help and that is not a goal I aspire too. So I now sit in at Dirkies Diner in Jeffries Bay waiting for my breakfast order. The rain is constant and does not look like it is going to hold up any time soon. I might just press on to Plettenberg Bay, will see if I can ride in the weather without too much discomfort…

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments:

Post a Comment