Wednesday, December 8, 2010

relaxation interrupted by a fall.

Yesterday was rather full of peacefulness and yet it was rudely interrupted by a fall. Hope copes well with her load, but I realize although I do not feel the weight travelling in a straight line, it is but a pleasure even when the bike is loaded. However, if the back snakes out under power with her load then it is almost impossible to control, hence lesson number three on my travels, by

overpowering the

throttle on the dirt it cost me a falling prey to the grime. No real damage done, but it could have been a lot worse, thank you Lord Jesus for your protecting hand. Sometimes I

wonder what it must be like for the protecting angels having to deal with m

an and his folly. I have had to do some minor running re

pairs, my GPS is not in the correct position and I have had to make a plan to avoid the cables from snagging when the front shock move up and down especially under braking. It doesn’t look pretty but some plastic, duct tape and some scrap wire has done the trick.

I am having breakfast in Wepener and from here on in I trust I will be on dust most of my travels. My tyre pressure was high and these new dual purpose tyres also give the ride a different feel especially on the dust. Time now to drop the tire pressure but not so low that a rock will buckle my wheel, from here I plan to move SE just south of the most southern tip of the Lesotho border into War Trail Valley.

Signing off

Tyrone

1 comment:

  1. Hello brother Tyrone

    Despite your 'cooked' gear and (thankfully injury-free) fall, the trip seems to be going ok. I wish I was out there as well!

    The bike seems to be doing well despite the heavy load. I wonder if the handling problem is a load balance issue?

    Will still be praying for you
    Go well

    Brother Dave

    ReplyDelete