Monday, December 13, 2010

Dodging the Storm


Today was interesting to say the least; it was not a normal hot summer’s day. It was wet and some of the sand roads where mud roads, which made them tricky to navigate.

It was a nice but difficult ride; it was taxing as I had to maintain high concentration levels. I had one gentle put down today, but it wasn’t only the mud that needed negotiating, the wind was fierce, at times I felt like a rag doll and I constantly had to dodge the sporadic thunder showers. I normally cannot wait to take my jacket off it gets so hot, but not today, I had my raincoat over my riding gear and not once did I feel myself complaining about the heat. Through it all I am grateful as it was invigorating, I can feel my body has worked. My tennis elbow will not let up and I am becoming accustom to it’s niggle.

I have eventually called it a day and did over 600 km today and with a large portion of that on dirt. I am once again in Hobhouse and at the same guest house. It proves that good hospitality brings people back to revisit what they know. Hence I did not go to another guest house but returned to one that I felt comfortable with. I am at The Emily Guest House but it is listed on the GPS as the Hobhouse Bed and Breakfast. My supper, bake beans and a tin of tuna with some olive oil, a bath and then hopefully a good night’s rest.

I did have some early drama as my side mirror snapped with the screw still imbedded in the female socket that would normally support and keep the mirror in place. I will give Pratley’s putty a trial run in the morning, we will see if it holds it in place.


You can see the weather I had to drive into today in the picture, unfortunately I cannot share the winds ferocity as I did not shoot video, and you will just have to take my word for it.

Until tomorrow then…

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments:

Post a Comment