Friday, December 3, 2010

"My Soul-Searching Adventure"


Why have I decided to venture out into unknown territory on a motorbike and not on a horse, is for obvious reasons? A horse will not cover as much ground and I now live in the 21st century. Although I like the idea of horseback through uncharted country, and at one time in my life I even owned a horse, I however would not class myself as a horseman. Therefore a bike it is and a bike it shall be.

Preparation for my KTM 690 has been time consuming and involved, but now that I am approaching the end of that preparation an excitement begins to stir. The 690 is a bike more suited for “enduro” and not “touring” therefore I needed to mission into unexplored terrain and got Schlowy Customs to design me a bracket so that I could mount Oxford saddlebags and a secure mount for my camera bag/box. I am impressed with their professionalism and the end result. A good bunch of guys, I recommend them for any custom you need done, they will make a plan. I also had long range tanks fitted, this now gives a totally different feel to the bike, but it also was a job well done, except for them cracking my radiator, which has now delayed my trip. But in fairness to Omega Fibreglass, this could have happened to anyone, an over tightening of a nut. I am thankful that I found the leak prior to my scheduled departure this morning. I pray that my God, the only true living God, the Father of Jesus Christ my Lord will enable me to get underway soon.

The reason I have chosen to travel SE and find some desolate and mountainous land is because I have always wanted to find a place of refuge where I could soul search without any distraction. To be able to cry out to my glorious God and Father in and amongst His creation is my goal, whether I am granted my request, time will tell! (Proverbs 16:9) “The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps.”

I plan to take one day at a time and the route I begin with is in a southerly direction, my first planned stop will be somewhere in the Bethlehem area; I like the sound of that! I eventually would like to end up somewhere in the Eastern Cape, but once again, Lord willing, time will tell!

Signing Off

Tyrone

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I must admit I am a little envious, I have done a number of short adventure trips but never a marathon like this. Enjoy it and may the Lord bless and keep you as you travel.
    I hope to see you down my way sometime and depending on the timing, maybe join you for a burn and fellowship. Regards, Malcolm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to join you for some fellowship, I will give you a shout when I am in the area
    Regards
    Tyrone

    ReplyDelete