Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day of rest.

You could call toady a day of rest, but I must admit that I prefer being out and about. I spoke to a friend of mine, Brett and He has done Baavians before and so He has pointed me in that direction, so hopefully tomorrow I find the beginning of that mountain pass. It should take a couple of days to get through it and I have keyed Patensie into my GPS and it tells me it is about 120km from where I am holding up in Port Elizabeth. The weather is still miserable and overcast with a gentle wind still rattling the leaves on the trees across the road. I plan to leave early in the morning around 6am and make my way with another interesting ride, or so I have been told. All I have spoken to about Baviaans tells me that it is well worth the trip. So I look forward to the morrow and I hope the Lord is gracious and gives me reasonable conditions keeping me safe along the way. I know my fellowship will be sweet with Him, I am not sure how I tried in times past to survive without Him, I suppose every time I never considered Him and was not thankful to Him for opening my eyes and saving my soul, the destruction of my life is evident for all to see. Those were times that in hindsight I will by God’s grace use now to steer me in the paths of righteousness. I want nothing more to do with all that debauchery that is a lie and a trick to get so many to think that’s what life is all about. Peace and joy is found in the one who died for the sins of the world, but until we realized that it was for our sins that He died we will continue to chase all the decoys of life, stop I say and turn to Jesus, repent and believe on Him and you will be able to understand the tone in which I pen words like “joy and peace.” To all my friends who tolerate but do not understand my stand which seems to be so radically, all I can say to you all is why do you think you continue to explore by seeking out answers to life, you are always considering this or that, it is because we seek the truth, it is something in us that needs to be quenched. Look no further as the Lord Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. I speak to you as friends; yes I will even address you by name, Brett, Richard, Warren, Trevor, Mike and Gavin I am praying for you all by name.

Mongi remember to be on guard and keep the Lord close, remember our time in the book of Proverbs

Signing off

Tyrone

Ps (I have worked out a “mounting move” to get onto my bike; unfortunately it is not very Starsky or Hutch so I will leave the video out, I look more like someone doing a half baked high jump move from a standing still position, So far so good but if I get it wrong it may be me or the bike on its side. My side stand is at least holding up but it is still frustrating trying to find a hole in the ground before dismounting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment