Sunday, December 5, 2010

Loaded!


Loaded, is somewhat of an under-statement, I will no doubt learn as I travel!

I am down to about a pair of jeans and a couple of shirts and lots of jocks and socks. Like most things in life, we normally pay a price for knowledge, I pray that I will be penny wise and pound foolish alone my travels.

I am about to head out and this will be the last taste of luxury for

some time, I am amped! This is totally new ground for me but it was great to have my boy Mongi help me with the bike yesterday, thanks son. Lord willing I will use this trip, as a recognisance for our planned trip in a couple of years.

I am interested to feel how “Hope” (my bike) handles her load? And how I finger the load!

I thank all my brothers in Christ for their prayers even now, and you know who you are, please continue to bear me up; I have called this trip my “soul seeking adventure” but remember it is not to find some new revelation just to drink deeper from it. If I encounter an angel like Jacob did and get to wrestle with Him in finding a deeper understanding of God attributes and what is required from me to serve Him with a deeper love, then I would have obtained my objective, if I encounter some honey and locust along the way that would be good.

I will make my way back to Schlowy Customs and sort out some final tweaking and then be on my way. I will head south towards Bethlehem and look to stay over there for the night. Yet I will always have this verse from proverbs in the forefront of my mind, Proverbs 16:9 “The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps.”

Signing off

Tyrone

No comments:

Post a Comment